Tomorrow morning I get on a plane at 7 a.m., fly to Chicago, then to New York City, then to Germany, and finally to Tel Aviv for my 2 week adventure to Israel and Egypt. I am sooooooo excited. As I was telling Jerry yesterday how I wished I could take him with me, I thought to myself, “Why can’t I?” I now have 10 little baggies of his ashes packed to spread in various places on my trip. I will write on each baggie where I spread those ashes to have a record. It will be a great trip.
John 21:25 – “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.” I will get to step in the places where all these things happened. It will make the Bible come alive for me. It will be a great trip. Please pray for my safety, no illness, and no injuries.
Today I am thankful for:
- Leaving tomorrow at 7 a.m.
- Hearing David’s concert yesterday.
- Having a lovely Iranian dinner with my special friend, Henry, yesterday.
- Rain today.
- Our new Iranian students coming consistently to church with us.
- Kinsey being here for spring break (even in my absence). She will enjoy being here with the family.
- All the marvelous things I am planning to see.
- Being able to make the trip financially.
- Having a fun roommate–an 83 year old from church.
- Walking in the places where Jesus did.