This scripture was in my daily readings recently:
Psalm 112:6 – “Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever.”
Of course, I will never forget my sweet husband nor will his family and friends. However, this is an interesting thought that he will be remembered forever. He is eternal and is with God now. From that standpoint, he will be remembered forever with his creator!
The first part of the verse reminds me of my days of the stroke. Leaning on God every day to help me get through kept my faith strong. It would have been easy to decide God had forgotten me to send such a horrible stroke on such a sweet Christian man. However, God taught me so much during that time as well as blessing us with a great relationship for the 22 months. I cherish that time with Jerry before he went home to be with God.
Facebook posts memory pictures from time to time. Today’s was from 4 years ago. What precious times those were!
Today I am thankful for:
- The wonderful memories of Jerry.
- Remembering his amazing voice through my grandson, David.
- Knowing as a righteous man, he will never be forgotten.
- Counting on God’s promise that dependence on his keeps me firm.
- The opening of our coffee shop on the Oklahoma University campus.
- The work with the international students from OU.
- The recent baptism of Cigole Thomas from India.
- A beautiful week with lots of sunshine.
- My family both at church and at home.
- God loving me no matter what.