It might seem strange for a widow who lost her husband in a devastating stroke to be thankful for so much almost 4 years after his death. But my God is good and has given me to much to be thankful for in my life before, during, and after the stroke.
Psalm 9:1 in the New Living Translation says: “I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.” My God charged me with letting others know of how magnificent He is in my life and can be in yours! The whole purpose of writing my book was to let people know that God is dependable, provides all the support you need, is aware of your daily needs, and gives you blessings throughout.
Since Jerry’s death almost 4 years ago, God has continued to work in my heart and life to give me a ministry and service to others. There are days when I am praying to God and asking why He has blessed me so much? So many around me are suffering and I am richly blessed. Of course, the perspective of gratitude helps you get through each day by looking through a different lens.
As you enter the week of Thanksgiving, don’t forget to make your list of what you are thankful for. Be thankful and grateful for you are blessed by an all powerful God!
Today I am thankful for:
- Living in this country with freedom.
- The opportunity we have to help Afghan refugees settle in a new country.
- The blessing of great food for this week.
- The dinner my boyfriend and I are hosting today after church for 23 international students from Oklahoma University.
- The pleasure these students give us by getting to know them and learning about their culture.
- The season of fall with the season of nature getting ready for rest through the winter (rest can be a valuable time for each of us to renew and refresh)
- Sweet memories of a precious Christian husband for 50 years.
- Beautiful children who show their dad in their lives.
- My grandson who has Jerry’s beautiful voice–what a blessing to me.
- A day of worship today to be with other Christians.
- Having my book published to tell others about the wonderful works of my God!
- Salvation–can there be anything better than God wanting us to spend eternity with him?
- My thankful list is never ending–I pray yours is too!